Betty and I had friends over for dinner last week. We were looking for a potato dish that was different. This is the one we used and it was really good. I think everyone will enjoy
this. It has several flavors that mix well. I love feta cheese. It really makes this dish special.
“Greek” Style Skillet Potatoes
1 ½ - Tablespoons – Olive Oil
4 – Cloves – Garlic (crushed)
16 – Red Potatoes (washed & chunky cut)
1/3 – Cup – Kalamata Olives (coarsely chopped)
½ - Red Pepper (seeded & chopped)
2 – 3 – Scallions Greens (chopped)
Fresh Thyme & Rosemary (stems removed & chopped)(to taste)
1 ½ - Cups – Feta Cheese (crumbled)
Sea Salt & Pepper (to taste)
1) You can prepare part of this recipe ahead of time by pre-cooking red potatoes, about half way, the day before.
2) Refrigerate potatoes over-night.
3) In a large skillet, add olive oil, garlic, red pepper & scallions.
4) Cook over medium heat for about 3 – 4 minutes.
5) Add potatoes, thyme and rosemary, cook until potatoes are cooked through and slightly browned.
6) Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
7) Just before serving, add feta, heat for 2 minutes.
8) Add more fresh thyme and rosemary, to garnish.
9) Serve warm.
HINT: You can pre-cook the potatoes 2 different ways. You can boil in a saucepan on top
the stove or you can microwave. In both cases, cook only about half way through. Cool potatoes
and seal in a zip-lock bag and refrigerate until you plan to finish the dish.
HINT 2: You can also prepare a few other things the day before. Chop the garlic, pepper,
olives, and scallion tops. Save in a zip-lock bag and refrigerate over night.
HINT 3: The fresh herbs are better prepared the day you cook the dish. As with most spices
and herbs, the amount is to taste. I personally like a lot. They enhance the dish.